Essentials Of Biostatistics In Public Health
Essentials of Biostatistics in Public Health, Third Edition provides a fundamental and engaging background for students learning to apply and appropriately interpret biostatistics applications in the field of public health.
Many examples are drawn directly from the author's remarkable clinical experiences with the renowned Framingham Heart Study, making this text practical, interesting, and accessible for those with little mathematical background. The examples are real, relevant, and manageable in size so that students can easily focus on applications rather than become overwhelmed by computations.
The Third Edition offers a new chapter on data visualization and interpretation including guidance on reporting statistical results in tables, figures and text. Examples of well-organized, detailed and appropriately formatted tables and figures are provided along with samples of how best to interpret them. Examples of poorly organized tables and figures are also included to illustrate common misinterpretations of results, due in part to lack of clarity in presentation.
The text comes packaged with an access code card that gives your students access to an online workbook for statistical computing using Microsoft Excel. The online workbook is available in both Mac and PC versions.
Updates to the Third Edition:
* New chapter on data visualization and interpretation
* New "When and Why" sections in each chapter include timely examples of important medical and public health applications of biostatistical techniques to help students connect the technical aspects of how specific analyses are conducted to real and relevant applications. New suggestions for instructors to facilitate in-class discussions around these applications and their interpretation are included in the instructor resources
* New examples from widely publicized clinical trials and from relevant and timely studies added throughout.
* New integrative exercises included in the instructor resources that allow students to practice biostatistical analysis with real data using Excel.
* New link to a publicly available, longitudinal dataset containing data collected in the Framingham Heart Study
Download Essentials Of Biostatistics In Public Health (9781284108194).pdf, available at globalexpertsystems.org for free.
- Lisa Sullivan
- Paperback | 378 pages
- 215.9 x 274.32 x 25.4mm | 907g
- Publication date
- 28 Feb 2017
- Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc
- Publication City/Country
- Sudbury, United States
- Edition Statement
- 3rd Revised edition
- Bestsellers rank